Conditions of Use
The AMA Journal of Ethics is the ethics publication of the American Medical Association. While the AMA Journal of Ethics and its content are copyrighted by the AMA, we strongly believe that ethics education for physicians and physicians-to-be is in the public’s interest and should be made available without charge. These Conditions of Use constitute criteria that must be met in order for you to use AMA Journal of Ethics content. By abiding by these guidelines, you help promote our mission and uphold the high-quality of the journal’s content.
- You may print, reproduce, display or store unaltered copies of the articles of the AMA Journal of Ethics, provided that you meet all the Conditions of Use described herein. Other uses, such as the creation of derivative works, are prohibited, unless prior written approval by the AMA (firstname.lastname@example.org) is obtained, which may be withheld by the AMA in its sole discretion.
- The AMA Journal of Ethics name is a trademark of the AMA and the AMA Journal of Ethics website and its content are copyrighted by the AMA. You do not acquire any title or proprietary interest in the AMA’s content, work of authorship or other works subject to intellectual property protection by your use of the AMA Journal of Ethics content.
- You understand this limited, non-exclusive permission applies to AMA Journal of Ethics content only and does not apply to other content copyrighted or published by the AMA. You are responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses and permissions for the use of other materials.
- Print or digital copies must be unaltered, and shall include the AMA’s copyright notice and an acknowledgement of the source and full citation information including the volume, number, and pages and the publisher (AMA). When possible, you will include or embed a link back to the AMA Journal of Ethics site, which is available at: http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/.
- AMA Journal of Ethics content shall not be framed or displayed in a manner that implies endorsement by the AMA or the AMA Journal of Ethics of your organization, its goods and services, or otherwise improperly imply a relationship between your organization and the AMA, where none exists.
- You acknowledge that the AMA disclaims any liability to any party for the accuracy, completeness or availability of the materials or for any damages arising out of the use or non-use of any of the materials and any information contained therein.
- Opinions expressed in the AMA Journal of Ethics or associated with individual articles of the journal are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of the AMA or the AMA Journal of Ethics. Care should be taken so that content is not displayed out of context, is not incomplete or misleading, and does not suggest that authors’ opinions are those of the AMA.
- The AMA reserves the right to request materials for review to ensure compliance with these guidelines and to request changes, including the removal of AMA Journal of Ethics content.
- The AMA reserves the right to modify these Conditions of Use in its sole discretion and to deny access to anyone who breaches these Conditions of Use.
© 2016 American Medical Association. All Rights Reserved.