The AMA Journal of Ethics® is an ethics publication of the American Medical Association (AMA). While the AMA Journal of Ethics and its content are copyrighted by the AMA, we strongly believe that ethics education for clinicians and everyone is in the public's interest and should be available for free. These Conditions of Use constitute criteria that must be met in order for you to use AMA Journal of Ethics content. Abiding by these guidelines promote the journal's mission and helps maintain upholds the high-quality of its content.
- You may print, reproduce, display or store unaltered content of the AMA Journal of Ethics, provided that you meet all the Conditions of Use described herein. Other uses, such as the creation of derivative works, are prohibited, unless prior written approval by the AMA ([email protected]) is obtained, which may be withheld by the AMA in its sole discretion.
- The AMA Journal of Ethics name is a trademark of the AMA and the AMA Journal of Ethics website and its content are copyrighted by the AMA. You do not acquire any title or proprietary interest in the AMA’s content, work of authorship or other works subject to intellectual property protection by your use of the AMA Journal of Ethics content.
- You understand this limited, non-exclusive permission applies to AMA Journal of Ethics content only and does not apply to other content copyrighted or published by the AMA. You are responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses and permissions for the use of other materials.
- The AMA Journal of Ethics must be acknowledged as the content's source with full citation information (eg, volume, issue number, pages, and publisher [the AMA]). When possible, you will include or embed a link to the AMA Journal of Ethics site, journalofethics.org. Content must also be unaltered and include copyright notice as follows:
AMA Journal of Ethics, Copyright [year] American Medical Association. All rights reserved.
The AMA Journal of Ethics® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
- AMA Journal of Ethics content shall not be framed or displayed in a manner that implies endorsement by the AMA or the AMA Journal of Ethics of your organization, its goods and services, or otherwise improperly imply a relationship between your organization and the AMA, where none exists.
- You acknowledge that the AMA disclaims any liability to any party for the accuracy, completeness or availability of the materials or for any damages arising out of the use or non-use of any of the materials and any information contained therein.
- Opinions expressed in the AMA Journal of Ethics or associated with individual articles of the journal are those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of the AMA or the AMA Journal of Ethics. Care should be taken so that content is not displayed out of context, is not incomplete or misleading, and does not suggest that contributors’ opinions are those of the AMA.
- The AMA reserves the right to request materials for review to ensure compliance with these guidelines and to request changes, including the removal of AMA Journal of Ethics content.
- The AMA reserves the right to modify these Conditions of Use in its sole discretion and to deny access to anyone who breaches these Conditions of Use.